Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beyond Big Sur

Right around my one year runniversary (since I started running 5+ times a week), I'll be running here:

All photos are from Matt Hagan and are AMAZING.

Kinda nuts, eh?

I signed up for a trail 50k up at Sun Mountain in Winthrop, Washington on May 19th, 2013. It's going to be incredibly challenging and humbling, but I am hungry for something different. I love trail running here in Portland. I love nature. I love traveling. I like hills (I didn't say love!). So why not combine them all? My only goal is to finish and try to have a blast! I'm a slow poke, but I don't think that really matters if you bring something positive to the table and a good attitude. Will there be tough moments? Yeah, I'm sure of it. Will I finish? I sure hope so, but if I don't, I'll learn from it. At the very least in the potential moments of adversity I'm going to remind myself how far I've come and just breath in the scenery.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap. That is at once beautiful - I LOVE trails and terrifying - I HATE hills. I have never run a trail race, but train on a trail near my house a lot. What an incredible view it will be the whole time.

    ReplyDelete